Eric answers Renee

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:18:53 PDT

In a message dated 9/7/2001 8:57:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
emujobs@hotmail.com writes:

> And Eric, why do you vehemently defend this word? Again, I have been out of
> the "mental health" system for a long time, and I was only a case worker
> when I was in it, so please read this as a genuine question and not a
> challenge.

Only because I cannnot call my 16-21 year old clients students when it is
within the traditional public school paradigm that they have repeatedly
failed and then failed some more. In my opinion it is abusive to just thro
the term student around to all those who fill seats and vacate their minds in
the vacuumous halls of what has become today's American High Schools. Just
what is it that is missing from today's High School's? Oh, yeah, the
barbwire. Well, unfortunately if violence in schools continues on the way it
has been in recent years the days of prison like schools is not far off. It
would be fine to call all attendees of America's public schools if in fact
all attendees were actively learning. This is not the case.

Eric