Human Markup Language

From: Mark E. Crane (mark@louisville.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 15:20:26 PDT

Have you heard of XML (Extensible Markup Language) ?

Now there's HML--human markup language. I just don't know what to make of this, our what it says about the mediation of the subject by text.

¯------

Programmers to encode human behaviour18:10 23 August 01Will Knight

An international set of specifications for writing non-verbal human communications in computer code is being drawn up by a US web standards group.
Computer scientists backing the project believe that the language could improve cross-cultural communications and might eventually lend itself to virtual reality and artificial intelligence applications.
HumanMarkup Language (HumanML) will allow software engineers to write abstract, non-verbal human communications in computer code. This will give computer users the power to communicate their emotions and gestures to other computer users over the internet.
The language is designed to be compatible with eXtensible Markup Language (XML), a highly customisable computer language for designing web pages and internet applications.

----
http://www.louisville.edu/~mecran01