Re: Education reform, was Re(2): job

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 05:25:56 PDT

jay's tantalizing note:
>Someone is offering 15 million dollars to anybody who can credibly
>promise
>to promote a new definition of the role of teachers that includes paying
>attention to the total lived reality of students in addition to
>delivering
>the curriculum package.
>
>A modernist approach to undoing the cumulative effects of modernism?

well i'm no master-teacher, but 15 million?? c'mon.
who? where? might the right proposal nab such a prize?

diane,
ever-idealistic and unrealistic 'neath the cynical appearances of one
scoffing scholar's masque

"I want you to put the crayon back in my brain."
Homer Simpson

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, montreal, qc, H9R 3Z2