Re: dominance "over" nature

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 05:37:15 PDT

mike
>The whole issue of the origins of human dominance OVERn
>nature rather than development WITHIN nature is especially timely given
>the conflicts over globalization we witnessed again in Quebec City, the
>tensions over trade/hyper capitalism, and the development of chat.

- the Quebec City debacle is shameful, really - most protestors are
claiming
that the protest is more about the right to protest, - the violence that
explodes is 'over' a wall
that was put up to "protect' the Summit leaders.
Brazilian Senator Telma de Souza: "The wall, the wall. I can't believe the
wall."

it seems to me that developments 'within' nature can't exist because
'nature' is conceptualized
as a particular force, if you know what i mean?
diane

"Hey hey hey!"
Krusty the Klown
diane celia hodges