Re: Moonstruck: fantasy or fact

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 20:23:21 PST

Nate,

What you have just described is the theory Vygotsky expounded in Thought &
Language, that people do not understand concepts until they reach puberty.
Your 9-year-old explained the 'concept' of reaching the moon in terms of his
'complexes' {Piaget referrred to complexes as schemas}. It is realistic for
adults to accept this explanation because we still use our 'complexes'
structure to organize the sensori-motor stimuli we take in during our
everyday subjectivity(MY TERM).

Ya' all have a good day,
Eric