computer literacy

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 17:49:00 PST

Dear Colleagues,

        I will be co-teaching a course in the communication department on
literacy and one of the things we are thinking of doing is to look at
all the XXXXX literacy extensions-- musical literacy, computer literacy,
technological literacy, etc. LiteracieS with a capital S, so to speak

Are there any good, critical treatments of the extensions of the term you
might recommend?

If people would send to me i would compile answers and put out in a single
message to avoid crowding the mcawaves.

mike
PS-- Apropos of moon landings. Are unicorn's real?