Re: Re(2): gifts differing

From: Andy Blunden (andy@mira.net)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 05:04:48 PST

Sorry Diane this message was intended to go to just Mike Cole, following on
from another one to him earlier. This is the second mail I've inadvertantly
sent to the whole list in the last week. Getting old I guess. I was *sure*
I addressed it to Mike!??

Andy

At 11:57 PM 24/01/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>>In your chapter 10, you list a number of binaries which represent more or
>>less success or failure in a successive developmental stage, but the more
>>interesting thing is the binaries in which both options are normal and
>>healthy.
>
>ok..
>i'm going to try and leap here - connecting threads,, ass 'twere' - a lack
>in detail ought not signal the end of what's important ya
>
>1) as has been pointed out: What use binaries????? :
>if these are, as postmodern theory indicates, a lag in our movements,
>ought we not move beyond? ... and
>
>b) omigawd!! it's one thing to be stupidly (admittedly!!) opinionated,,
>but yikes!
> how can anyone comfortably reseachpublish/tenured the white man's
>assumption of what's "healthy" and "normal"??????
>
>i mean, ought we not (i hear shrieks from David Hume! funny eh?) but ought
>we not seek a process that accounts for the bias which predicates any
>opinion? i mean, i'm willing to admit my ignorance.
>that doesn't mean i'm _stupid_.
>I need more informaation, and in relation to the examples of lives
>alluded to here, i think.
>let''s go "grounded" theory eh?
>diane,,,

> :point where everything listens.
>and i slow down, learning how to
>enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.
>
>(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")
>
>diane celia hodges
>
> university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
>instruction
> university of colorado, denver, school of education
>
>Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu

| - Andy Blunden - Home Page - http://home.mira.net/~andy/index.htm - |
| "It has been said that the very essence of civilisation consists of |
| purposely building monuments so as not to forget". L S Vygotsky 1930 |
~ Spirit, Money & Modernity, Melbourne Uni Summer School 23/24 Feb '01 ~