Re(2): gifts differing

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 22:57:02 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>In your chapter 10, you list a number of binaries which represent more or
>less success or failure in a successive developmental stage, but the more
>interesting thing is the binaries in which both options are normal and
>healthy.

ok..
i'm going to try and leap here - connecting threads,, ass 'twere' - a lack
in detail ought not signal the end of what's important ya

1) as has been pointed out: What use binaries????? :
if these are, as postmodern theory indicates, a lag in our movements,
ought we not move beyond? ... and

b) omigawd!! it's one thing to be stupidly (admittedly!!) opinionated,,
but yikes!
 how can anyone comfortably reseachpublish/tenured the white man's
assumption of what's "healthy" and "normal"??????

i mean, ought we not (i hear shrieks from David Hume! funny eh?) but ought
we not seek a process that accounts for the bias which predicates any
opinion? i mean, i'm willing to admit my ignorance.
that doesn't mean i'm _stupid_.
I need more informaation, and in relation to the examples of lives
alluded to here, i think.
let''s go "grounded" theory eh?
diane,,,

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu