Re: Interview method question

From: Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 02:41:45 PST

At the risk of self-promotion, I'd offer a couple of things I've written,
both as efforts to understand the socially constructed nature of data
collection. Although one deals more specifically with protocol analysis
(which in its conception has no adressee), I think each applies to
interview data.

         Smagorinsky, P. (1995). The social construction of data:
Methodological problems of investigating learning in the zone of proximal
development. Review of Educational Research, 65, 191-212.
         Smagorinsky, P.(1998). Thinking and speech and protocol
analysis. Mind, Culture, and Activity, 5, 157-177.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who
cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide
everything." Josef Stalin