Re: RE: leont'ev: externalization/internalization etc

From: Judith Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 20:13:25 PST

What I had in mind was that ideologies are coherent; activity systems are
by definition riven with contradictions that unsettle the terms in which
they're known -- so while ideologies are always in play, within the
activity system that is subjected to an activity theory analysis, the
contradictions that emerge in the course of "moving ahead" override/
challenge/ test whatever system of belief might otherwise sustain the
status quo. Since I have never done an analysis on a system wider than the
classroom, and I haven't used AT as a mean of intervention, I am
projecting/ speculating about how it would, really, work.

Judy
Judy