Re: Personality

From: Andy Blunden (andy@mira.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 02:39:32 PST

Judy, I don't know what 'sansara' means but I'll try to explain, a bit ...
maybe by examples?

Division of mental labour: initially does not exist, all labour is directed
by the labourer; then division of labour, ideology, class struggle,
science, civil society; then ultimately abolition of division between
mental and manual labour, conscious organisation of production, etc., etc.,

Word Meaning: "In the speech development of the child, we can with
certainty establish a preintellectual stage, and in his thought
development, a prelinguistic stage; Up to a certain point in time, the two
follow different lines, independently of each other. At a certain point
these lines meet, whereupon thought becomes verbal and speech rational".
[Thought & Language, Ch 4]

Any disagreement: initially the subject hasn't even come up, then there are
two opposite positions in fierce conflict and ultimately agreement is
reached, with a deeper understanding on both sides, hopefully!

does that help?
Andy

At 05:56 PM 4/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>>It frequently happens that the coexistence of opposites constitutes just a
>>phase in the development of a process from a state of undisclosed unity to
>>one of mature unity and complete development and interpenetration; the
>>opposites and the struggle of opposites then is "just" a passing phase, and
>>"illusion" - but its transcendance, its completion, is the only way of
>>abolishing itself.
>
>Andy, is this what YOU think? If so, since I'm not "there" yet, can you say
>more? It sounds more like freedom from sansara than dialectics. - Judy

| - Andy Blunden - Home Page - http://home.mira.net/~andy/index.htm - |
| All mysteries which lead theory to mysticism find their rational |
| solution in human practice and in the comprehension of this practice.|