Re: Leontiev

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 09:38:53 PDT

Dot mentions
>Like Vera and others, I am interested in the differences between
>cultural-historical theory, activity theory and sociocultural theory.
>Perhaps this has been discussed on xmca earlier.

me too! me too! gads, i've been after this for MONTHS!
perhaps we can situate this crucial difference in a context of the reading?
nate indicated it provides a necessary tension, but i am not reading any
of these tensions,
except in Pedro's paper of last winter, and even then, the tensions were
critiqued more
than explored.
so, if the purpose is a necessary tension, who or what is held in the
midst of this? the theorist? the author of the writing? the references
used by the author? or some
objective activity Out There and not implicated in the researcher/writer's
own production?
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu