The Promise of Play

From: LHolzdan@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 13:54:16 PDT

I want to recommend a TV show to you. It's a PBS documentary called The
Promise of Play. Brian Sutton-Smith was one of the writers and consultants.
It looks at play among children and adults and features, among other things,
some interesting educational/cultural programs as well as play in corporate
setttings. As these kinds of shows go, it's excellent. An added bonus if
you can watch it is you'll see the All Show Talent Show Network in action
(which I've worked with since its beginnings).
For some reason, it's showing on selected PBS stations only. Below you'll
find a list of where and when it'll be on the various affiliates.

Lois Holzman
CALL SIGN CITY STATE AIR DATE / TIME

KLCS LOS ANGELES CA SEP 07: 8 / 9 / 10 PM
SEP 14: 8 / 9 / 10 PM
KRCB ROHNERT PK CA SEP 21: 8 PM
SEP 28: 8 PM
KVCR SAN BERNRDNO CA
KQED SAN FRANCISCO CA SEP 09: 5:30 PM
SEP 16: 5:30 PM
SEP 23: 5:30 PM
WPBT MIAMI FL SEP 02: 5 PM
SEP 09: 5 PM
SEP 11: 2 / 3 / 4 AM
SEP 16: 5 PM
WLRN MIAMI FL SEP 10: 12 PM
SEP 17: 12 PM
WILL CHAMPAIGN IL SEP 21: 9 PM
SEP 28: 9 PM
OCT 05: 9 PM
WYCC CHICAGO IL SEP 21: 9 PM
SEP 28: 9 PM
OCT 05: 9 PM
WNIN EVANSVILLE IN SEP 05: 1 PM
SEP 12: 1 PM
SEP 19: 1 PM
WTBU INDIANAPOLIS IN SEP 11: 8 PM
SEP 12: 1 / 8 PM
SEP 13: 1 / 8 PM
SEP 14: 1 PM
WKYU BOWLING GREEN KY SEP 15: 8 PM
SEP 22: 8PM
SEP 29: 8 PM
WYES NEW ORLEANS LA SEP 16: 11 PM
SEP 23: 11 PM
SEP 30: 11 PM
WGBH / WGBX BOSTON MA SEP 13: 8 / 9 / 10 PM
SEP 14: 9 / 10 / 11 PM
WTVS DETROIT MI SEP 03: 2 PM
SEP 10: 2 PM
SEP 17: 2 PM
WNMU MARQUETTE MI SEP 18: 12 PM
SEP 25: 12 PM
KTCA / KTCI ST. PAUL MN Sundays at 5PM beginning October 22
WCNY SYRACUSE NY OCT 01: 3 PM
OCT 08: 3 PM
OCT 22: 3 PM
WPTD DAYTON OH SEP 06: 12 PM
SEP 07: 12 PM
SEP 08: 12 PM
WYBE PHILADELPHIA PA September 5 from 8-11PM
WTCI CHATTANOOGA TN SEP 26: 2 PM
WVPT/WVPY HARRISONBURG VA SEP 04: 12 / 1 / 2 PM
NORTON VA SEP 15: 9 PM
SEP 22: 9 PM
SEP 29: 9 PM
KCWC RIVERTON WY SEP 10: 6PM