Re: the ideal, and desire

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:58:08 PDT

diane,

I remember another great lyric about desire and need,

"you can't always get what you want
you can't always get what you want
you can't always get what you want
but if you try some time,
you just might find,
you get what you need."

like my old friend, Joyous Guitaress, who was a buff, full bearded
carpenter, in love with a lesbian, so he had a sex change operation
(explained to us every last detail, too) and turned out looking like Cher
(don't ask me how), became a computer programmer and still played guitar
like Jimi Hendrix. She told me that it was a plumbing mistake that she'd
been born the way she had. And both her and her partner, Evelyn, lived
happily ever after in a trailer park out in the badlands of the San Fernando
Valley with their pet Great Dane. things don't always turn out so well
though.

Paul H. Dillon