Re: Andy's Whoa.

From: Molly Freeman (mollyfreeman@telis.org)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 12:49:22 PDT

According to Paul,
"I do think that the positions one holds have an objective ideological
character. Some are compatible with and may even reinforce existing
structures
of exploitation, in my opinion, and should not be allowed to mask
themselves as
otherwise. This is the work of critique."

If we were discussing Religion, the words 'faith' and 'gospel' or
'scripture,'
'Word,' 'Good,' 'Evil,' or belief would be commonplace. I suggest that
indeed,
much of what has been happening on this list is a matter of belief.
Academics
don't always admit the depth of belief present in their own praxis.
Religion has
no monopoly on fanaticism.

Molly