Problems with the list.

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:49:27 PST

As too many of you have discovered, problems with the listserv
software for xmca have meant that a number (~50) of you have been
automatically unsubscribed from the list. While these accounts were
removed from the distribution list, they were not removed from the
acceptance list, so mail sent by those folks was still getting out
to the list.

Apparently an account at UCLA was generating bounced mail daemons
and a demon at weber decided to remove the heads of the sender(s)
rather than the offending account. Minor configuration glitch,
minor-major reconfiguration hassle.

The offending account has been removed from the xmca mailing list
and, if anyone has an opportunity to talk to Linda Yarnell at UCLA,
they might mention that she's off xmca until she contacts me.

Meanwhile, those who were removed have been notified.

Please let me know *immediately* if anyone gets another removal
notice. At least the weber demon was kind enough to send notices.

Back to business as usual, or something of a similar resemblence.

bj

Bruce Jones Media Center/Communication #135
Webmeister & Resident Nerd Department of Communication
bjones@ucsd.edu University of California, San Diego
(858) 534-0417/4410 9500 Gilman Drive
FAX (858) 534-7315 La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0503
-=-
Communication at UCSD: http://communication.ucsd.edu/index.html
Bruce Jones: http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/index.html