RE: Prototypical defining middle class

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 14:28:56 PST

Hi Judy and everybody--

Thanks, Judy, for your amendment to the list. I agree with it. I wonder that
in 19th century emerging middle class did not feel as dominant and
comfortable as it is now. I wonder if it was more critical than. Any
evidence for that?

I also really like Ricardo's idea to consider middle class a network of
practices, roles, cultures, powers, ideologies, and values.

What do you think?

Eugene