in practice

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 10:13:13 PST

Diane and Paul-- As Diane suggests in her note, she is once again
pushing one of the many envelopes that shape our discussions, as Yrjo
would say, "behind our backs." I actually don't see where that is
going to lead the discussion and have been casting around for a way
to make productive use of what has been written so far. My idea is
that it would help me a "lot" if you, and others, told us about how
they imagine what we write here connects with the specifics our of
practice.

How do people's ideas about which theoreretical differences are of the
kind of that make a difference in our ability to understand ourselves
and the objects of our work life.

When are our theoretical notions actually proven tools for producing
change?

And of couse, what do we do about it.

Concretely, in terms of our own everyday practices, what is at isue
here? To answer that question, some brief narrative concerning your
everyday professional practices where what you write about shapes
what you do.

:-) See, a switch to practice ought to make everything clear! :-)
mike