Re: play & email

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
24 Oct 1999 22:29:03 -0000

Paul, i'm not aware of the geneology you refer to but the bard was obviously
dead on.

For the non-U.S. literates, it's our expansive sprawling poet of the ? last
century, walt whitman, that Paul was referring to.
i never would have linked the 2 (the very english blake and the very
american whitman)
but it seems appropriate that they be linked. blake sprawled for sure & he
was in love
with america.
Judy