Re: Vygotsky and Inclusion

Rachel Heckert (heckertkrs who-is-at juno.com)
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 19:47:24 -0400

Mike wrote:

>In many places, including intro texts on developmental theory,
>Vygotsky is characterized as a contextualist.

As a comparative newcomer to AT I don't always understand the terminology
(and am shameless enough to admit it!) So could someone enlighten me as
to what *contextualist* means here? What are the alternative approaches?
Why is the term inappropriate as applied to Vygotsky?

Yours ignorantly but hopefully -

Rachel Heckert

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]