Re: At a loss (Re: All the way with Piaget)

Naoki Ueno (nueno who-is-at nier.go.jp)
Fri, 8 May 1998 11:40:15 +0900

diane,

Thanks a lot for your response.

At 11:01 AM 5/6/98 -0700, diane celia hodges wrote:
>Personally, I think local communication is more important at this phase of
>history
>than a global communication.
>And out of these locally-organized networks, global information
>emerges.

It seems to me that locally-organized networks do not go to
global information automatically.

One of Haraway's point is reconsidering objectivism or
renetworking objectivism.
I think it inculdes reconsidering micro-macro distinction.

We can see the voice of ANT, Latour in Haraway as well.
It means networking or renetworking does not show
the link between micro and macro.

Naoki Ueno
NIER, Tokyo