Re: cognition and engineers

Quinta Dimension (5tadim who-is-at siu.buap.mx)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 07:50:48 -0800 (PST)

At 03:20 PM 14/02/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I was curious if anyone on this list knew of work done on the thinking
>processes of electrical, mechanical, chemical or civil engineers. I teach
>a class called the Psychology of Science and Technology that looks at the
>working cognition of scientists and technologist.

How about "Cognition in the Wild" by ... Hutchins. I've gone blank on his
first name. Edwin Hutchins. Published by MIT Press last year. It describes
the different types of operations that go on in the process of navigating a
ship. Cognition as situated and socially distributed.

Rosa Montes, U.Autonoma de Puebla