Re: either or thinking

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 15:27:23 -0400

Mike -- thanks for the reference. I have encountered too little of
Dewey. When I read him the parallels with CHAT are what strike me. - Judy

At 08:31 AM 7/21/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Judy-- Re-reading your summary of the xmca discussion skills vs whole
>language I am reminded of Dewey's discussion of either/or thinking
>in "Education and Experience." It is a discussion I return to yearly
>in my teaching and am planning to use in the fall. If you have not
>encountered it, I warmly recommend it.
>mike

Judy Diamondstone diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu
Graduate School of Education Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
10 Seminary Place New Brunswick, NJ 08903

Eternity is in love with the productions of time. - W. Blake