[Xmca-l] Re: Teacher Distancing and "Social Distancing"

robsub@ariadne.org.uk robsub@ariadne.org.uk
Tue May 26 01:52:33 PDT 2020

Just a couple of very quick observations. (I find regularly that by the
time I have formulated my response to something, the conversation has
moved on by several degrees, so I'm getting in quickly.)

Firstly the link to your article on Ruqaiya didn't resolve, David. But I
found it here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tidsskrift.dk/outlines/article/view/116238__;!!Mih3wA!XdBjusDTRI2ze6diFPoONbkpS5qFdLZworNTRS5-z-d7Wrm3_kaKqODPVr-UtouXiIa-kw$ . Thank
you for that, though - looks well worth reading.

Secondly, I always had the impression that Bernstein was resisted not
because of his work on codes specifically, but because he was too prone
to allowing his work to be used to justify class differentials, almost
to the level of the poor keep themselves poor by deliberately
restricting the language their children learn.

Thirdly, meatspace. Hmmm. I'm toying with the idea of pinkspace. Less
physically vulgar than meatspace and reflects the reality that the
physical world, just like the online world, is dominated by those of us
who are pink. Just a thought. Needs developing though.

Rob