[Xmca-l] Re: Teacher Distancing and "Social Distancing"

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon May 25 22:38:00 PDT 2020

Hello David,

I'm not sure what the reference to looking inside the TV refers to, but it must mean something to someone, just not me.

I'm not sure about this, but "meatspace" (which I think does deserve scare quotes) is something that one might see on 4chan or reddit. 'Tis a very cynical term. Which is why I prefer IRL.

I'm not seeing the reason for your wording in this context, dealing with the apparent (or unapparent) perezhivanie of ZOOM.

There is no doubt that disruptions are ensuing from the measures taken to "flatten the curve." There are millions without jobs here (and many other places). Lots of people are having their lives made unequal by this pandemic. Not just the kids who have to go to school on ZOOM.

But let me ask. Would it be better to have no school at all or school on ZOOM?

It's easy to "zoom in" and look at details and have a good scare, with quotes or otherwise.

That kind of fear is not useful. Try to focus on what you are FOR, not what you are against.

Then you will win.

Keep your eye on the prize.

Fight harder, and never never never give up.

Kind regards,

Annalisa