[Xmca-l] Re: remote_online learning?

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:37:20 PDT 2020

Interesting question!  Instead of being useful by contributing a productive
answer, I'll pose a tiny, off-topic, rhetorical question just as a fun
little game: what would the headline be for the same article in seven other
publications? (Stereotypes accepted!)
1. The Guardian - How big tech plans to profit from the pandemic (reprinted
from The Intercept)
2. The Intercept - Screen New Deal: Under cover of mass death, Andrew Cuomo
calls in the billionaires to build a high-tech dystopia
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

It's a very interesting topic, in my opinion, and not just because my
current job might one day become obsolete. It's also interesting to note
the early rhetorical framing that various organizations are already
bringing to the topic (as they attempt to assign our opinions to us?).

Sorry to side-step your interesting email, Tom!  I'm sure others will
respond to it productively, and I'm interested to hear what they'll say.

Thanks,

Anthony

P.S.  I kind of like this little assignment and will probably use it soon,
as a collaborative task in my "distance learning" classroom : )