[Xmca-l] Re: Trust networks

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 9 07:09:14 PDT 2020

Post you flic on CulturalPraxis, Anthony!
Mike

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 6:28 AM Anthony Barra <anthonymbarra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Aysegul,
>
> That is gratifying to hear, thank you.  I appreciate Andy, and the many
> productive exchanges we've had, in and out of public.  He and I disagree on
> various things, but who cares!  He knows so much, and starting with our
> first public chat in 2012, Andy has been a scholar and a gentleman, always
> gracious to share his knowledge and his opinions.
>
> Side topic: next week I should be releasing the biggest video
> collaboration I've worked on. It deals with the topic of 'Vygotskian
> research' and will be tailored to anyone (primarily new researchers and
> educators) interested in that topic.
> I hope it will be a valuable contribution.
>
> Thanks again, and congratulations on your successes ~
>
> Anthony
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 7:56 PM Aysegul Bahcivan <
> aysegul.bahcivan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Anthony,
>>
>> I joined the mailing list quite recently and I've been meaning to say
>> this for a while. I find the videos very useful and enjoyable. Many thanks
>> to you and Andy for taking the time to do this. I'm wrapping up my thesis
>> these days. I've gained as much insight from the discussions in this group
>> as I have from academic literature.
>>
>> Cheers from Montreal
>> Aysegul
>>
>> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:01, Anthony Barra <anthonymbarra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Andy Blunden weighs in honorably on the topic of trust networks:
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tiny.cc/3vziqz__;!!Mih3wA!TXecHMOB3bxAzl3qfblLbBgBVZ2quTZybR6f6yIh4-1ZUVz9L7fqiwb36aqrznmhtRRGdA$
>>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tiny.cc/3vziqz__;!!Mih3wA!QQxo6r_Mg3U-WTDWbL8wvKN6U4JgO8YnSc-JS9gXRZWXutKAEgw4Q2Tpwt9gdcw56DrZAA$>
>>> --------------
>>>
>>> Lately, I've been posting more often than intended and thus will slow it
>>> down henceforth.
>>>
>>> That said, one subtext to recent conversations and threads, which Andy
>>> called my attention to offline, is this notion of trust networks.
>>> Surprisingly, an xmca archive search yielded zero results for the phrase,
>>> so I figured it's worth sharing Andy's thoughts with you all.
>>>
>>> [I would have shared them anyway -- it's Andy after all.]
>>>
>>> Thank you, I value the interactions here.
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>
>>> --

Crush human humanity out of shape once more, under similar hammers, and it
will twist itself into the same tortured forms. Sow the same seed of
rapacious license and oppression over again, and it will surely yield the
same fruit, according to its kind.  C.Dickens.
Cultural Praxis Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://culturalpraxis.net__;!!Mih3wA!TXecHMOB3bxAzl3qfblLbBgBVZ2quTZybR6f6yIh4-1ZUVz9L7fqiwb36aqrznlt1nOTSw$
Re-generating CHAT Website: re-generatingchat.com
Archival resources website: lchc.ucsd.edu.
Narrative history of LCHC:  lchcautobio.ucsd.edu.