[Xmca-l] Re: My Hometown Minneapolis

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:32:57 PDT 2020

Could be, Ulvi.

...and likely some more trump, largely due to excesses of the left (e.g.,
abolish police; e.g., https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tiny.cc/mn0cqz__;!!Mih3wA!W9WzUcyeOYdUjWflg1lfWqLv5KemYr1G5d_RxTUPtVH0vnWMIVeJQAjXHKzV4ZVfiuCsNQ$  -- that's our foremost
intellectual on the left; my cousin on the right).  This is part 1 of your
answer, Martin.

Overreactions abound.

Ulvi -- some of my friends on the political right have similar explanations
as you, re: grand mechanisms deceiving the masses. They just have a
different culprit. I don't who is closer to accurate - my guess is neither
of you - but what is interesting is the similarity. And even if inaccurate,
it is quite soothing (in that enraging kind of way) the have a perpetual
scapegoat for all things complex, confusing, and/or bad.

This isn't even a criticism. More of an observation. In some ways, an
observation of shared humanity : )

Personally, I think there's a lot of partial accuracy floating around.
Tucker Carlson has some shades of truth in his "deception by the cultural
marxists" theory; you probably have some slivers of truth in your
"deception by capitalism" theory -- in both cases, slivers of truth are
massively seductive, even if flat wrong or, to be more charitable,
unknowable.

To all: I'm sorry for posting so much here lately.  Blame it on social
distancing and the perils of working from home.