[Xmca-l] Re: Philosophie des Geistes?

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Sat Jul 25 01:50:19 PDT 2020

Oh, I see: "if you want to know the mind of a cobbler, then
study the boots he has made."

The focus on the object of activity to which Collingwood
directs our attention, should not, I think, be seen as
excluding understanding of the activity. He is saying: don't
look inside his head, look at what he is /doing/, his
object-oriented activity. True, there are different ways of
making boots of the same quality, and the concept is
includes /how/ the boot is produced as well as /what/ was
produced,

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Hegel for Social Movements <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brill.com/view/title/54574__;!!Mih3wA!TfzgjLzqkc8JVlKmicTaLZMFJ8xx0betSNkstzweksdGg317CEc4oiSiGeNIzuH12f4l8Q$ >