[Xmca-l] Gordon Wells

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:36:00 PDT 2020

Forwarding this message that I received from the SCT-SLL listserve.
It is a tragic and unfortunate loss.
-greg

=================
Begin forwarded message

Colleagues,

It is with deep regret that I write to inform this community of the sudden
passing of Gordon Wells. Gordon was struck by a car while riding his bike
Sunday evening in State College, Pennsylvania, where he lived with his
wife, Mari Haneda (a faculty member at Penn State University). He was
rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery but did not pull through.
Gordon was a cherished and respected colleague, teacher, mentor, and friend
to scholars and educators around the world. This is a shocking loss for
Mari and Gordon's family and for all of us.

Matt

Matthew E. Poehner

Associate Department Head, Curriculum and Instruction

Professor of World Languages Education and Applied Linguistics

President, International Association for Cognitive Education and Psychology

Associate Editor, *Language and Sociocultural Theory*

The Pennsylvania State University

Department of Curriculum and Instruction

159 Chambers Building

University Park, PA 16802

814-865-2161

--