[Xmca-l] Re: AERA

Michael Rifino mike.rifino@gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 05:30:56 PDT 2020

Hi Mike,

We welcome submissions that align with AERA 2021’s theme of “Accepting
Educational Responsibility” (here is AERA’s extended description
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.aera.net/Portals/38/2021*20AM*20Call*20for*20Submissions_revised.pdf__;JSUlJQ!!Mih3wA!REHDacdgb1doV0FrHym7urg0mrc1kLg3ChPXITLCFJcliaPo4elZUDIJdc21iZ3mAD8akA$ >).
At the same time, we also welcome submissions from a diverse range of
topics that may go a different route than “Accepting Educational
Responsibility”.

As for remote participation, our SIG will look into how we can acquire the
equipment to be inclusive for remote participation. Currently, AERA is
moving forward with an in-person conference, but if that is no longer
feasible as we move closer to AERA date, then they will consider viable
alternatives.

Best,

Mike R.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:49 PM mike cole <mcole@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>> development of new ideas. We welcome innovative, theoretical and empirical
>> work as well as micro- and macro-level analysis within historically
>> evolving formal and non-formal contexts. We encourage proposals on a range
>> of topics including, but not limited to*,* cultural-historical research
>> that connects with art; activism; theoretical explorations with Critical
>> Theory, Critical Race Theory, Queer Theory, Critical Indigenous Theory,
>> Feminist Theory, Organization Studies, Learning Sciences, Education,
>> Cultural Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Dialogism and Discourse
>> Theory, and related approaches. Also, methodological innovations that
>> bridge C-H theory with lenses such as Participatory Action Research,
>> Design-based Research, Visual Methods, etc. are of interest. Please note
>> that we are also developing sessions exploring what it means to be human in
>> the Anthropocene Era and highlighting how C-H approaches to answer that
>> question. If you have any work related to this SIG theme please share your
>> proposals with us.
>>
>> *Submission period ends: Wednesday July 22, 2020 (11:59 pm, PDT). * Please
>> encourage your colleagues to submit to our SIG #30 even if they are not yet
>> members.
>> Please note the AERA Guidelines
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.aera.net/Portals/38/2021*20AM*20Call*20for*20Submissions_revised.pdf__;JSUlJQ!!Mih3wA!XbQqQAco554iMfJNCqS9AaOaQ9OTdtle7x5-0S6KGNFPfaYLp9NbqWO1DbhgUze97q3hOw$> and
>> criteria for the submissions.  See more information about our SIG #30
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.aera.net/SIG030/Cultural-Historical-Research-SIG-30__;!!Mih3wA!XbQqQAco554iMfJNCqS9AaOaQ9OTdtle7x5-0S6KGNFPfaYLp9NbqWO1DbhgUzdsbfZYTA$>.
>> See more information about the AERA 2021 conference
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings/Annual-Meeting/2021-Annual-Meeting-Call-for-Paper-and-Session-Submissions__;!!Mih3wA!XbQqQAco554iMfJNCqS9AaOaQ9OTdtle7x5-0S6KGNFPfaYLp9NbqWO1DbhgUzfuxksn1g$>
>> .
>>
>> If you have any questions please contact: jheeok@umass.edu;
>> jose.lizarraga@colorado.edu; anu.kajamaa@helsinki.fi or
>> arturo.cortez@colorado.edu
>>
>> Best wishes, officers of the *SIG #30:*
>> *Co-Chairs*: *Arturo Cortez*, University of Colorado Boulder & *Anu
>> Kajamaa*, University of Helsinki
>> *Co-Program Chairs*: *Heeok Jeong*, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
>> & *José Ramón Lizárraga*, University of Colorado Boulder,
>> *Secretary/Treasurer*: *Alfredo Jornet Gil*, University of Oslo & *Kalonji
>> Nzinga*, University of Colorado Boulder, and
>> *Website/Communications Chair*: *Mike Rifino*, The Graduate Center
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just stumbled over this notification concerning the AERA cultural
>>> historical sig.  less than two weeks to go.
>>> Seems as if several conversations on XMCA could contribute to the sig’s
>>> Fyi