[Xmca-l] Re: Just Published: L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological Works Vol. 1

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:16:43 PST 2020

Dear Jody:

I just got a message from the publisher--they "print on demand". This is a
new technique that a lot of publishers use--it means they don't have to
keep warehouses and hire workers, or worry aboiut unsold copies. Once you
order, they just print the copy that you've ordered.

What this means is that hardbound copies take one to three months if you
order them through Amazon.com. But if you order them straight from the
publisher, you should get a copy in six weeks time (!).

Notice that you can get a ringbound "e-copy" version for twenty-four
dollars--for some reason this is a lot cheaper than an electronic
e-version. Go figure!

(This is the kind that I always take to the gym--it's the only kind that
stays open on the treadmill, and it does wonders to block out the robotic
music they insist on playing.....)

David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

New Article: 'Commentary: On the originality of Vygotsky's "Thought and
Word" i
in *Mind Culture and Activity*

*https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10749039.2020.1711775
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10749039.2020.1711775>*
Some free e-prints available at:
https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/SK2DR3TYBMJ42MFPYRFY/full?target=10.1080/10749039.2020.1711775

New Translation with Nikolai Veresov: "L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological Works
Volume One: Foundations of Pedology"

 https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811505270