[Xmca-l] does this screed have an inkling of merit?

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:22:39 PST 2020

To me, it seems a product of motivated reasoning and confirmation bias, but
I ask sincerely: does anybody find any inklings of merit in this 2014
essay?
http://invisibleserfscollar.com/unveiling-the-true-focus-of-the-common-core-obuchenie-within-students-to-gain-desired-future-behaviors/

I stumbled upon the article while googling "obuchenie and perezhivanie,"
two terms I'm in the early stages of understanding. The blog's proprietor
writes with a lot of . . . energy. (And perhaps, a cocktail of hubris and
pseudoconcepts - http://tiny.cc/dpbgkz )

To briefly add, for whatever it's worth: I am probably more familiar with
the (somewhat paranoid) style of argumentation in the attached essay than I
am with the finer points of cultural-historical theory.  But I'm not a very
refined consumer of either.

The blogger writes in a style I'm not particularly fond of -- i.e.,
wielding a sword and swinging it around wildly.  Amidst the wild swinging,
I ask: does any of it hit?

I'd be interesting in any productive thoughts at all.

Thanks ~
Anthony