[Xmca-l] Re: "conscious awareness enters through the gate" (a Participation Question)

Glassman, Michael glassman.13@osu.edu
Wed Aug 12 05:51:09 PDT 2020

Here is a question I have for people who do a lot of direct reading of Vygotsky and I hope some on this list can help me. In his paper on the psychology of the actor he cite Liubov Gurevich. From what I can remember this is the only time he cited a female scholar (the period seems to be intensely misogynist).  I think Vygotsky would have gotten blowback on this. My question is do people know of another time he cited a female scholar (other than Gurevich). I think this is consequential and I am trying to figure out how consequential.

Thanks in advance for anybody who might be able to help.

p.s: Gurevich was Stanislavski’s literary advisor, editor and confidante but she was also an incredibly influential figure in Russian/Soviet literature in her own right.

Michael