[Xmca-l] Re: Problems with XMCA email

Peg Griffin, Ph.D. Peg.Griffin@att.net
Sat Apr 18 10:36:01 PDT 2020

Just wanted to say hi and thanks, Bruce, and hope all is well with you and yours!
Peg

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Bruce Jones
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:35 AM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Problems with XMCA email

On 4/11/20 12:08 PM, Alfredo Jornet Gil wrote:

 > About e-mails not coming, that’s interesting, Greg (specially given the  > record!). I did get both Anne-Nelly and Annalie’s e-mails originally  > sent. So, if it is a systematic thing in the server, it is also  > selective as to whom it targets! I hope Bruce can help here.

The changes in UCSD's email systems have caused a number of problems.

What I eventually discovered, only last Friday, is that the filters I'd set up inside my email client, Thunderbird for Mac, where the culprit.
Something in the changes at UCSD had some, but not all of the incoming XMCA mail getting labeled as spam, which meant that T-Bird was dumping them.

I removed all the filters, and unchecked the box that told T-Bird to believe the SpamAssassin header and the mail is now flowing properly again.

If some of you are seeing all the mail, and others are not, then those that aren't might begin by working with local spam filtering if possible.

I will send some mail to the campus mail managers to see if they can poke at their own filtering and figure out why the mail is getting flagged as spam.

And if you send messages to me at bjones@ucsd.edu and they bounce, or you don't see a response, feel free to send to my gmail address:
sugagaki@gmail.com

Please note that I will be gone all day tomorrow, Monday, April 13.

--
Bruce Jones
Sys Admin, LCHC