[Xmca-l] Re: Problems with XMCA email

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 12 07:44:52 PDT 2020

Thanks for your years of volunteer help,
BJ.  How easy it was when we began with that great invention, the internet
4 decades ago!
Mike

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 7:36 AM Bruce Jones <bjones@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> On 4/11/20 12:08 PM, Alfredo Jornet Gil wrote:
>
>  > About e-mails not coming, that’s interesting, Greg (specially given the
>  > record!). I did get both Anne-Nelly and Annalie’s e-mails originally
>  > sent. So, if it is a systematic thing in the server, it is also
>  > selective as to whom it targets! I hope Bruce can help here.
>
> The changes in UCSD's email systems have caused a number of problems.
>
> I manage the XMCA mailing list.  I was  having problems with email sent
> to the management address, xmca-l-owner@ucsd.edu.
>
> What I eventually discovered, only last Friday, is that the filters I'd
> set up inside my email client, Thunderbird for Mac, where the culprit.
> Something in the changes at UCSD had some, but not all of the incoming
> XMCA mail getting labeled as spam, which meant that T-Bird was dumping
> them.
>
> I removed all the filters, and unchecked the box that told T-Bird to
> believe the SpamAssassin header and the mail is now flowing properly again.
>
> If some of you are seeing all the mail, and others are not, then those
> that aren't might begin by working with local spam filtering if possible.
>
> I will send some mail to the campus mail managers to see if they can
> poke at their own filtering and figure out why the mail is getting
> flagged as spam.
>
> And if you send messages to me at bjones@ucsd.edu and they bounce, or
> you don't see a response, feel free to send to my gmail address:
> sugagaki@gmail.com
>
> Please note that I will be gone all day tomorrow, Monday, April 13.
>
> --
> Bruce Jones
> Sys Admin, LCHC
> bjones@ucsd.edu
> 619-823-8281
>
> --
Being a social scientist is like being a geologist who studies rocks in a
landslide. Roy D'Andrade
For archival resources relevant to the research of myself and other members
of LCHC, visit
lchc.ucsd.edu.  For archival materials and a narrative history of the
research of LCHC, visit lchcautobio.ucsd.edu.