[Xmca-l] FW: Unbelievable: number 19th strain according to Fox News?

Julian Williams julian.williams@manchester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 15 14:25:47 PDT 2020

Dear all,

Kellyanne Conway … I think I heard her name a while back – what a Con, Ha ha?

But perhaps not so very funny, right?

God help us – it all fits – and now international pandemic and the next step is to defenestrate our only World Health Organisation…

I can’t see anything short of a massive rebellion being an appropriate response… get those idiots out of the white house?

Julian

Subject: Fwd: Unbelievable

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway falsely suggested Wednesday that there had been 18 previous strains of the novel coronavirus as she defended President Trump’s decision to suspend funding to the World Health Organization.

"This is covid-19, not covid-1, folks, and so you would think the people charged with the World Health Organization facts and figures would be on top of that,” Conway said during an interview on Fox News.

In fact, the “19” at the end of the virus’s name denotes that it was discovered in 2019, not that it is the 19th strain of the virus. At its outset, it was referred to by health officials as the “2019 novel coronavirus.”