[Xmca-l] Re: General check-in?

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Tue Apr 7 17:25:01 PDT 2020

Thanks for  summing up the situation here in Oz, John. I
think you are more connected than me. But it remains the
case that we have had 50 deaths from COVID-19 in a country
of 25 million, overwhelmingly from virus acquired overseas
or directly traceable to overseas cases.

This outcome corresponds to a transformation of the
political landscape is which unbelievable, but everything
depends on how we respond to these changes. So I call this
not an "existential crisis", but a world-/perezhivanie/.
China may well return to almost-normal but that is unlikely
in the neo-liberal world. It is impossible to predict what
the outcome will be, but it will be a self-transformation of
the world activity.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Hegel for Social Movements <https://brill.com/view/title/54574>