[Xmca-l] Re: Indigenous Australian English

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Fri Mar 15 05:53:13 PDT 2019

Mmm, but this is not a speech style applied across the board
(like a distinctive accent, or never using the accusative
case). It is used only for certain words, so the structural
principle of difference applies. These specific words are
given an elevated meaning by marking them with the
/different/ usage, and kind of take on the meaning of a
/principle/, rather than a thing or place, etc these

As to /perezhivanie/, of course, it is not an issue for
Russian speakers speaking Russian. The problem comes up when
a Russian uses a Russian word in an English sentence and how
an English speaker hears that,

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm