[Xmca-l] Alternatives to Social Capital and Knowledge Brokering

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 05:55:01 PST 2019

I really enjoy the thinking behind social capital and the related idea of
knowledge brokering but find the free market/enterprise thinking
problematic.

Comes across as everyone is trying to gain all the time and learning gets
defined sorta as a nuisance, "I guess I will teach you since you help the
community"

I know that is over simplified but something been bugging me about this for
a long time, simply haven't found a better alternative or formulated my
thinking.

Playing with the idea of taking cognitive apprenticeships and recasting it
as agentive apprenticeship to get at the bidirectional knowledge
development and diffusion that occurs between both agents and networks.

Anyone have ideas? Just using email to brainstorm.