[Xmca-l] Re: Much belated regards for Larry Purss

Goncu, Artin goncu@uic.edu
Tue Jun 25 19:39:20 PDT 2019

This saddens me.. He was a kind soul..

Artin Goncu, Ph.D
Professor, Emeritus
University of Illinois at Chicago
www.artingoncu.com/

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:39 PM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Much belated regards for Larry Purss

Oh! What sad news. He was always such an endlessly curious and amenable discussant on this list.

Andy

Andy Blunden
https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm
On 26/06/2019 6:49 am, Huw Lloyd wrote:
Whilst reading into Merleau-Ponty, I thought I'd browse for comments from Larry Purss, as M-P seemed to be a favourite of his. What I gather from a few internet pages is that he passed away two years ago (explaining his silence).

I would like to think that the insights he gleaned / enjoyed form M-P and others helped to anchor his attention on relatedness. He was obviously a much-loved, caring father.

Huw