[Xmca-l] Re: Do we find Inequalities in wild life system?

Adam Poole (16517826) Adam.Poole@nottingham.edu.cn
Sun Jan 27 21:40:42 PST 2019

Just my response to the prompt. Not particularly well constructed but...

Yes, we may find inequalities exist In Nature, but only because we impose our own concepts and experiences onto Nature. In a sense, we anthropomorphize nature, thereby ascribing to it values and judgments that otherwise it does not possess. So, as a thing in itself, nature cannot be said to exhibit inequality, but as a product of our perception, then yes because we utilize a human way of making sense of the wild.

________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Andy Blunden <andyb@marxists.org>
Sent: 28 January 2019 13:25:05
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Do we find Inequalities in wild life system?

Harshad,

"Inequality" is a meaningless concept when referred to Nature. Likewise "Injustice."

Justice and equality are relevant only to the extent that the subjects are living in an 'artificial' world, out of Nature. Natural disasters and the plenitude of Nature have these dimensions only to the extent they are imposed on or made available to different classes of people by the social system.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm