[Xmca-l] Re: School versus work: Personality Changes

Moises Esteban-Guitart moises.esteban@udg.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:32:57 PST 2019

Not strictly from an activity theory perspective, but González Rey worked
on personality (i.e., González Rey, 1999) and now he is more focused on
subjectivity from an Historical-Cultural approach. González Rey, F.,
Mitjans, A. & Goulart, D. (eds) (2019). Subjectivity within
Cultural-Historical Approach. Theory, Methodology and Research. Springer.
More than on Leontiev's work on personality, he is influenced by the
Bozhovic's group (Chudnovskii and so on). However, it seems that
personality from the seminal work of Leontyev has not further developed
from an activity theory view. Neither the kind of personality that
neoliberalism and consumerism is making of. There are lots of works on
this issue but not in Vygotskian scholars. At least I only know a few
exceptions (may be Ratner from his marco cultural approach??). However the
commuity is big and I'm sure there is relevant work on it that I have no
know unfortunately.

moises

González Rey, F. (1999). Personality, subject and human development: The
subjective character of human activity. Activity theory and social
practice: Cultural-historical approaches, 253-275.

--
Moisès Esteban Guitart
Dpt de psicologia

Grup de recerca "Cultura i Educació" (GRC  2017SGR19)
https://culturaieducacio.cat

Responsable a la Universitat de Girona del Postgrau Interuniversitari en
Psicologia de l'educació MIPE-DIPE http://mipe.psyed.edu.es/ca