[Xmca-l] Re: School versus work: Personality Changes

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Tue Jan 15 18:07:30 PST 2019

Vygotsky said that "The tasks that are posed for the
maturing adolescent by the social environment - tasks that
are associated with his entry into the cultural,
professional, and social life of the adult world - are an
essential functional factor in the formation of concepts,"
and A N Leontyev, in his well-known work "Activity,
Consciousness and Personality" clearly saw personality as
developing throughout the subject's life, in institutions.
Pity there are not more CHAT scholars working in that area.

No accident that 'conception' means both the creation of a
person and the forms of activity a person engages in.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm