[Xmca-l] Re: Intrinsic / Extrinsic Motivation

Lara Beaty larabeaty@gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:07:59 PDT 2019

> On Aug 26, 2019, at 6:54 PM, Andy Blunden <andyb@marxists.org> wrote:
>
> Sounds like you might be interested in some of Anna Stetsenko's work at CUNY on what she calls the "Transformative Activist Stance."
>
> Andy

Yes, Anna has already been an influence. I want to connect some of those ideas with ideas such as yours on concept development as I try to make sense of many hours worth of video recorded meetings with students. Administrative work has kept from really looking closely at the videos, but I’m hoping to have a sabbatical next year. Do you have any suggestions for connecting how concepts develop in relation to identity and agency? I am intrigued by the differences and similarities in how students seem to understand the research we do together and have hopes of tracing it over time.

Best,
Lara