[Xmca-l] Re: The Mindset.

ウィルキンソン ヴァレリ vwilk@inf.shizuoka.ac.jp
Mon Aug 19 17:37:23 PDT 2019

Moving in groups is a behavior that occurs in animals: a flock, a herd, a pride, a hive. Mindset has bunches to do with collective mentality.  Groups isolate members, rank members, partner or pair or mate in communities. The care of the young among elephants is a communal activity. There have been fun videos of herding dogs herding people. In my own family, the Shepherd guarded and watched out for us.  The selection of a puppy with behavior characteristics was a big deal.  So in this collective group of academics, which of the mindset frames is operating as we work with this question?

"Break the pattern which connects the items of learning and you necessarily destroy all quality." (Gregory Bateson. *Mind and Nature: A Necessary Unity* p.8)

Vandy
(Valerie Wilkinson)

------Original Message------
差出人:"James Ma"<jamesma320@gmail.com>
宛先:"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity"<xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
CC:
件名:[Xmca-l] Re: The Mindset.
日時:2019年08月20日(火) 05:52(+0900)

I think one of the central issues is that animals are not conceptual beings whereas humans are - this is more of a gripping point, as I see it.
For example, dogs can recognise or differentiate colours; however, they don't have the concept of colour.
One might even think that animals have morals, but this is perhaps simply a human interpretation!

James

James Ma Independent Scholarhttps://oxford.academia.edu/JamesMa