[Xmca-l] Re: Trying to frame studies of the web through perezhivanie

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:59:21 PDT 2018

Thank you all,

You are getting at the theoretical sturggle I am having with describing the
web. It is both artefact and experience. My website and feed are just as
much a part of my funds of identity and a shaping of who I am than any
other experiencing I may do,

I will look at a Deweyian lens for the study. I don;'t think it would shift
my theoretical or operational approaches too much at all.

This discussion between analog and digital is fascinating. I struggle to
point out how there is a false dichotomy between online and offline and the
analog and digital split is becoming defined in pop culture as offline or
online. I believe in terms of identity development the distinction doesn't
work. Plus I hate writing "meat space" or "irl" (in real life).