[Xmca-l] Re: Michael C. Corballis

Peter Feigenbaum [Staff] pfeigenbaum@fordham.edu
Fri Nov 16 05:36:37 PST 2018

If I might chime in to this discussion:

I submit that the key cooperative activity underlying speech communication
is *turn-taking*. I don't know how that activity or rule came into being,
but once it did, the activity of *exchanging* utterances became possible.
And with exchange came the complementarity of speaking and
listening roles, and the activity of alternating conversational roles and
mental perspectives. Turn-taking is a key process in human development.

Peter

--
Peter Feigenbaum, Ph.D.
Director,