[Xmca-l] Re: What is science?: Where to start doctoral students?

Wagner Luiz Schmit wagner.schmit@gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:51:57 PDT 2018

Hello Martin,

I struggle not of accepting the idea of ontology, but the concept itself.
Is it a "way to exist"? But to acknowledge that we exist, or the way we
exist, isn't also "to know"? Isn't this the base of the "cogito, ergo sum",
I think therefore I exist? So what is the difference between ontology and
epistemology?

I feel like the "ontology" is kind of related to the German bildung
tradition, or is this wrong?

Sorry if those sounds like silly questions. I am just beginning my studies
on philosophy, so sorry.

And thanks for your attention.

Wagner