[Xmca-l] Nakesha

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sat Mar 3 08:34:55 PST 2018

Hello fellow Xmcars,

I wish there were technology that didn't send us to the moon, but instead refused to let anyone be homeless while fervently advocating for anyone to contribute their best gifts and insights.

I noticed this today in the NYT and the sentence below stood out to me in particular. I thought it was a wonderful activity for children. Or maybe adults?

"Once, she said, Nakesha had each student invent a holiday and write about how it would be celebrated, the values it promoted and what artifacts would be involved."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/nyregion/nyc-homeless-nakesha-mental-illness.html

kind regards,

Annalisa